Monday, January 13, 2014

YWAM LA: Week 1

So Michael and I have now been in Los Angeles for a week! For those of you who didn't know we are attending Youth With A Mission (YWAM) in Los Angeles, California. We are now taking a discipleship training course which is basically a program to equip others to become missionaries and share the love of Jesus with the nations. For three months we will live in LA and then for another three months we will be over seas. Two weeks ago Michael and I left our jobs, apartment, friends and family, sold and donated our stuff, stored some of it and only packed a Pathfinder of things and drove straight threw to Cali for 14 hours. We now live in a little trailer, go to classes, work on the campus for free, evangelize to the city and in a couple months we will go over seas.

This week has definitely been emotionally, physically and spiritually draining as you can imagine. But I've been very encouraged by the others that I have met. And God has ALREADY taught me more about myself and who He is. He is slowly pulling out lots of nasty things that have built up in my heart over the years and is day by day healing me of my past. He has showed me how much He loves me and how much He loves this world. I've just seen a tiny part of what Jesus wants to reveal to me and I can't even imagine what's to come. I will keep all you posted!

Love,
Gracie xo


The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor." -Isaiah 61:1-3


Here are some photos from this past week!


 




 


No comments:

MyDarlingLight. Powered by Blogger.