Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Identity in Christ: First Post!

So I just had my 1st year anniversary a little over a week ago. I'm married to a wonderful man, who is very tall, gentle, hilarious, has piercing green eyes, a big fluffy beard, and has a huge heart that is dedicated to serving The Lord.

Very shortly after I was married I realized that even though I was married and found my soul mate and as wonderful as Michael is he could not complete me. I "knew" this before I was married but never really grasped it later. Even recently I'm still learning I can't find my identity in my husband or expect him or anything else to fully complete me. And I have a tendency to look at other things without realizing it's harmful to my heart. When I end up realizing I haven't kept my gaze on Jesus, I always end up feeling empty, sad and searching for more and getting myself into trouble. Whenever this happens I always end up coming back to the same spot of repentance and wanting to know more about God's heart. Isn't it so awesome that no matter how far we veer from the narrow path God forgives us and still loves us? We can have a fresh new start everyday because of the grace The Lord has given us through His son Jesus. I think that's insane! And something we should remember daily. Anything on this earth that will perish will leave you feeling empty. Therefore everything we do without God is in vein. Because He is everlasting!


"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." -Matthew 6:19-21

1 comment:

Unknown said...

such a solid reminder, Gracie! Im so glad you shared this

MyDarlingLight. Powered by Blogger.