Friday, October 25, 2013

Ask and you shall receive

It's been awhile since I've last posted. Life has been super busy, just go, go, go for months now. This is the first week in many where I feel like I've actually got to rest and my soul was at ease. So much has gone on, so many emotions, so much work, so much running around! I'm glad everything has calmed down for a little! But now I've got to share a crazy story with you...

Almost two weeks ago Michael got surgery on this knee. This knee has already been worked on twice and he tore his ACL about a year and a half ago and has just been struggling with it ever since. We contemplated surgery long ago but didn't want to have the medical debt stack up and leave us in a place that we were just freed from. So for months we were praying for God to heal Mikeys knee or for an affordable surgery. Mikey had received a free MRI from his doctor. Basically he was told it's going to have to been worked on in the future and would be best to get it done sooner than later. After that news we prayed even more and started to specifically ask God "if you want us to get this surgery for Michael let us know by making it super affordable and if it's way more than we can do, that will be a sign for us to wait when you want us to do this."

About a month went by and Michael called the hospital to see how much the surgery would cost with his insurance. The lady on the other end said, "Honey don't worry about it, it will be paid for." WHAT? That sort of thing NEVER happens! A FREE SURGERY?!
And the week leading up to this Michael didn't believe it and was expecting to pay something before entering the surgery room. We got there his deductible was already met and we didn't have to pay a dime!

In the mean time I was some what worried about money for the next few months just because we would only be living on one income. I was worried but I knew in my heart that we were going to be taken care of regardless how much money I was making during Mikes recovery. I expected Michael to be laid up for two months at least. But of course we come to find out that Michaels surgery went much better than expected and is only going to be out of work for 3 weeks! So insane when you ask God for an inch and he goes 10 miles!

This last year Mike and I have really learned and experienced the power of prayer. God loves us and he wants to bless us. Jesus said, "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." -John 14:13-14

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened." -Matthew 7:7

"And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive it, if you have faith." -Matthew 11:24






No comments:

MyDarlingLight. Powered by Blogger.