Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Simple Thanks

Since I've been focusing on the power of words and thoughts I've been making a point to being more thankful so I just thought I'd write a short blurb about what I'm thankful for!

1. Marriage. I'm so thankful for my husband Michael. It's crazy to see how far we've come and how much growth we both have had since we've met, since we've started dating and since we've been married. There were times in my first year of marriage I didn't think we were going to make it, it was extremely difficult. But looking back I appreciate all the hard times, all the fights and make ups (believe me, there were a lot). Today I love my husband more than I ever have and that love grows more and more as the days go by. I was thinking the other day how much I will love him when we are really old and wrinkly. I'm thankful that he still pursues me in the midst of our busy lives and that he is committed to my crazy self. I don't know anyone else that would want to sign up for that! He's a good man, a very good man.

2. Support. I'm humbled and thankful for the amount of people in my life who believe in what Michael and I are doing with our lives within missions. We've had so many people from all walks of life, people we know well and others who we only know each others names, who've come behind us and have supported us simply because we share the same heart to bring hope to the hopeless and for the world to know and love the living God! We've had so many supporting us in prayer, in encouragement and financially! It baffles me almost weekly

3. Prayer. This past year I've learned that prayer is a way we have direct communication to God and He actually hears us and responds back. I always do this thing where I freak about the future and just worry for no reason. Oh? You too? It's okay, it's normal…so in my worry I was praying and with out a doubt in my worry God showed up and took it away and replaced it with peace. I am thankful prayer it's not just a one way conversion, which I feel a lot of people think that it's just a way to cry out to God in pain, it's a time we send Him our requests, when everything in life is falling apart, when life isn't panning out like we thought it would, a desperate cry of hopelessness or something we do before we eat dinner on Christmas or Easter. All those things are completely valid and we should do…I always do, but we can also be thankful in our prayers, we can pray for other people just to encourage them and share love with them, we can talk to God about everyday life and actually get a response back.

So, what are you thankful for?

"Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exhausted. "Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth."
-Isaiah 12: 4-5

-Grace xo

No comments:

MyDarlingLight. Powered by Blogger.