Friday, October 10, 2014

Paint Your Canvas

The past couple weeks I've really been struggling with what to write on my blog. Almost feeling like I had to force things out of me. At first I thought it was writers block and that may have been the case a while back but out of no where I started thinking that my option doesn't matter. And why should I speak about a certain subject anyway if it has already been said, and has been said more eloquently than I could have ever put it. 

All I was thinking was how I wasn't good enough, why would anyone care about the things I think and have to say. And it wasn't long till everything that was coming out of my mouth was negative, hateful,  complaining and whining. I had nothing nice to say at all. It made me feel so much worse about myself because I could see myself doing it, I hated it and I felt like I couldn't stop. It was wearing on my husband and bringing him down and I'm sure that it was making others feel that way as well. I didn't even want to be around myself, so it had to have made others feel the same way!

I was reminded by a good friend that our words have the power to create life or death. Just ONE thought of me feeling like what I have to say doesn't matter, snowballed and consumed many more places of my life with negativity and it effected the others around me. My friend explained to me this theory that we are artists and creators because we are made in the likeness of God, who is the creator of all. God "spoke" and it was so. We speak and it paints a picture of our lives in the spiritual and physical atmosphere. 

The bible says in Genesis 1:3, God said,  "Let there be light", and there was light. 
In Genesis 1:6, And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.
In Genesis 1:9,  And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” 
In Genesis 1:14-15 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 

In the book of Genesis it is repeated that God said, and all was created. Over and over this shows us the power that words carry.  Throughout the entire bible it emphasizes the importance of the words we speak. Because this is something that is mentioned so many times it must be something we really need to grasp and put into practice! Because someone chose to speak truth, life and love over me all the darkness I was sitting in disappeared, and I could see again! I don't write and say things to just share my opinion and because I want to be heard but I can write and share because it can bless somebody. I'm not suppose to just keep these revelations to myself, because there is someone out there that needs these words I can give. Each and everyone of us have something to offer. 
Now because we are made in the likeness of God, we are creators like Him. We can go around and speak death, hate and negativity out into the atmosphere, over things and people and paint black over our canvas. OR we can speak life, love and thankfulness and paint beautiful colors and create marvelous work of art! 
So what are you wanting your canvas to look like? 

“A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.”
Proverbs 15:4

-Grace xo

Check this experiment out by Dr. Masaru Emoto about the power of our words!

And the effects of human thoughts and words on water. Don't you just love science?!



No comments:

MyDarlingLight. Powered by Blogger.