Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Beauty for Ashes

I'm sorry it's been awhile since I've done a post. It's been really difficult to find time to get away to just sit and write.

The past couple weeks have been very trying, at times I have felt very broken, but most of my days I have been emotionally and mentally exhausted. There is so much learning with very little time to process. I've also just felt like shutting down because I've been so physically tired. Being here and constantly doing heavy soul searching and always having a packed schedule seems to be so much harder than "real life". There are so many times I miss being in Colorado, all the snow (believe it or not), doing hair everyday and being familiar with the city and having my little spots I go to and hang out. But God has reminded me this week especially of Ezekiel 36:26 and that He is replacing my heart of stone and giving me a heart of flesh. I've found comfort in His words and seen the importance of me being here in California and when we are obedient to Him we see blessings poured out from heaven.

Although things have been difficult God told me, "he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified." (Isaiah 61:3)  I feel like a lot of my posts I write are about brokenness.  I guess this feeling comes up a lot and most of what I see in the world is brokenness. That's why we need Jesus...because of our brokenness. Jesus didn't come to save and help people who are perfect (by the way, no one is perfect). He came to mend us and make us the people we are truly meant to be. Day by day, replacing the old and making the new."He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11) 

Let God remind you of who you are this week, let Him comfort you and mend you, He has a crown of beauty for your ashes. 

Love, Peace & Blessings,

Gracie xo




 Here are some photos from adventures in the Arts District in Los Angeles with my friend Sarah,
I felt like I was back in Denver again <3






























No comments:

MyDarlingLight. Powered by Blogger.